The VESSELINDEX® Speed Indicator is a tangible indicator on the firmness of the balance between demand and supply in the dry bulk industry.
- It provides an aggregated view on the optimum operation speed under the prevailing freight & fuel market conditions.
- Shipowners, analysts and other stakeholders will get a tangible measure on how slow “slowsteaming” is.
- It indirectly measures the latent capacity in the market (i.e. supply of dry bulk tonnage and/or transportation work).
VESSELINDEX® Speed Indicator is:
- an unavoidable element in any assement of the dynamics of dry bulk tonnage supply to the market.
- published weekly for dry bulk handysize, supra/handymax, panamamax/kamsarmax and capesize.
We offer tailor made analysis in relation to speed/consumption scenarios. Contact us for more info on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the picture to enlarge
VESSELINDEX® Speed Indicator will be offered as a seperate scenario buliding module during 2021.
Click HERE here to get notified in advance or contact us to hear more.
Depending on the market environment, each individial vessel will have economic incentive to trade at different speeds depending on the
relatonship between deadweight, draft, hold capacity and speed/consumption.
In the VESSELINDEX® context, the optimal speed is the operational speed at which a given vessel yields its maximum index/return under a given market scenario.
See more about the methodology in the video below: